Last night, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosted the 2013 Golden Globe awards. They were fantastic together; bouncing jokes off of each other, donning ridiculous costumes, and being “catty” about their nominations in the same category. So, here are some quick thoughts from the most memorable moments for me from the awards ceremony. (Maybe I should’ve just written this while I was watching it…)
– I wish there was more Tina Fey and Amy Poehler… Their random appearances were all great.
– Tina Fey remarking how before Les Misérables, nobody had been so alone and abandoned since she co-hosted The Oscars with James Franco, and Anne Hathaway’s reaction was brilliant.
– Ex-president Bill Clinton made a surprise visit resulting in a standing ovation, followed by a dishevelled Amy Poehler saying, “Wow, what an exciting special guest … That was Hillary Clinton’s husband.”
– Lucy Liu: still cute, but what was that dress… and your hair was a little messy =/
– Kristen Bell was totes cute and totes preggo. Someone should’ve surprised her with a sloth up there.
– Personal favourite moment: Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrel’s introductions of each nominee in their segment… J. Law for Jennifer Lawrence… hahahahaha
– Les Misérables winning best comedy or musical motion picture (obvs) and wins for both Anne Hathaway and Hugh Jackman
– Arnold Schwarzenegger exclaiming that English wasn’t the mother tongue for both him and Sylvester Stallone
– Jodie Foster “coming out.” She was never in the closet to begin with and lived her life being true to herself. Her speech and her belief that having privacy was a gift, sent a very strong message to the audience.
– I was sad that Modern Family lost in each of the categories it was nominated for.
– Jessica Alba’s voice is sex.
– Lena Dunham hobbling up to the stage to receive her awards… lol
– The camera’s flashed to Ang Lee, and my roommate said, “Whoa! What’s your dad doing there?”
– Glenn Close pretending to be drunk was pretty hilarious, more hilarious was when Tina Fey couldn’t keep composure when she looked at her
– What was up with Mel Gibson’s face last night? He seemed to have lock-jaw throughout the entire show..
– Amy Poehler saying Meryl Streep was brilliant in The Flu was hilarious!
Unfortunately I hadn’t seen many of the nominated films this year… like every other year >_> but hopefully my roommate and I will be able to see more before The Oscars next month on the 24th!
If you weren’t able to catch Tina Fey and Amy Poehler’s monologue at the beginning of the show, here, I have embedded it for your viewing pleasure.