Hey there! I will be writing my thoughts below, in point form, as I watch Playstation’s live event. Lag issues will account for several holes in my recap. Will the Playstation 4 be announced? New prices? Games? Hardware? Hopefully some of those questions will be answered by the end of the night!
Here we go!
– lots of talk about how Playstation is the best, has the most powerful hardware, how Sony knows what a gamer wants
– there it is, Playstation 4 announcement!
– the specs are pretty similar to a PC
– reveal of the controller! That colour bar idea to identify players on the console is quite fitting of Sony, the headphone plug is nice (finally…) and the touch pad is like the Vita. Thank god it’s not a tablet controller. I wouldn’t say it’s the ugliest or the most beautiful thing, but maybe it’ll grow on me.
– that million particle demo of the CPU/GPU capabilities was cool
– live streaming and over the shoulder guides or trash talking… seems like it could be super annoying.
– actual remote play between ps4 and psvita? Expensive… But wicked!
– Stig Asmussen! Good things to come from him =]
– Finally! Games!
– Killzone: Shadow Fall… Do people still get excited over FPSs?
– Drive Club… My friend tells me this idea is already available in Forza… So it hasn’t been to innovative..
– whoa… This is suddenly really political. What issss thisssss? New Sucker Punch game?? Exclusive? A blood tornado? …Infamous: Second Son. Damn, I thought it was Watch Dogs.
– awkward dude in weird shirt! Intro is way too long. Let’s see the trailer!
– oooo pretty… A puzzle game? I’m good at puzzle games! But uh… Flow Free in HD much? Interesting, called Witness
– did he just say QUANTIC DREAM??? ❤
– that’s it? Just a tech demo? </3
– Media Molecule! This should be good.. … The Move..? Okay… Omg… This is so cute. Move controlled avatars dancing in sync. But… How is this gaming?
– Capcom! lol did he just make fun of The Move?
– Capcom’s newest game: working title is Deep Down… Skyrim lookalike? That video didn’t make much sense.
– Square!!! ❤
– not a game but a cinematic real time PS4 demo? *sigh… Okay. Product placement for coke? Ooooo dragon…
– Final Fantasy director… O_O new FF at E3…
– Ubisoft now. Watch Dogs? Yea… called it! This dude is really weird and creepy.. Let’s see how the live demo goes..
– wicked… But looks so complicated
– Blizzard?!?! Diablo 3 on Playstation..? I think everyone who’d play it already own it. =/
– Activision’s turn: with Bungie? Destiny? Yup. Innovational? We shall see… my buddy called it “Halo with phones” lol. he’s not impressed at all
– I feel like the PS4 release will be soon
– hopefully they show us the console before they wrap up
– nope, no console look. I guess they have to leave some things for E3.
Post event thoughts
Well, the event did showcase a lot of different aspects of the new tech. Some stuff that’s worth caring about, lots that’s not. The most important part, the games, were a little bit of a let down for me personally. A lot of the developers that I cared about didn’t have much to show. Most of it were tech demos to show possibilities, but not what the end product will be like by any stretch. Square Enix, Quantic Dream, please give me things to squee over at E3?
I would not get one. At least not until a substantial price drop… I’m sure some really good first party support and stellar games from Square and Quantic Dream may change my mind a couple years down the road, but right now… I really want a Wii U.
What did you think of the event? Post your own opinions below.