So I guess my blog’s become some sort of pop culture, media recap center. No matter, we shall continue on with what I’ve been up to… and that, would be watching The Oscars with some friends tonight! The following post will make much more sense to you if you’ve already watched The Oscars, otherwise, it’ll read like a collection of nonsense thoughts and you’ll feel like you just walked into a conversation where people are only referencing inside jokes. You have been warned.
This year, The Oscars’ red carpet show was hosted by none other than the amazing Kristin Chenoweth. Stick with this blog long enough, and you’ll realize just how in love with her I really am. Not the best interviewer out there, but she is so personable with all of the people on the carpet, you can’t help but smile. She seems to be such a social butterfly, and it’s as if she’s friends with everyone there, and if not, she’s making friends! I think she also set a record for number of short jokes made in an hour…
Most of the celebrities looked AMAZING. Shout outs to Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence, Kristin Chenoweth, Joseph Gordon-Levitt. On the other hand, I wonder if Halle Berry is bringing back shoulder pads… and even though I love Anne Hathaway, (her Oscar win tonight was so deserving, rewatching her little clip during “I Dreamed A Dream” made me breathless) her dress was a little nippy for me. Did anyone else notice that? I feel like dresses with bodices cut from triangles, resulting in cone-bras was a theme tonight. Not many others stood out to me.
– opening by Seth MacFarlane was pretty great. The song and dance numbers were great, especially the boob song! He wasn’t too crass, gave jabs where they were warranted, *coughchrisandrihannacough*, and nods where they were deserved (Tina and Amy!).
– the dance numbers during the opening were great too! Channing Tatum and Charlize Theron’s dance was really good!
– Melissa McCarthy is too funny! Her delivery is awesome.
– Playing them off with the Jaws theme? Brilliant!
– the movie musicals feature… *swoon* it’s like they knew I was watching. Holy crap, JHud brought it tonight! For another amazing performance of that song from Dream Girls, click here.
– Les Misérables. ❤ I love choruses!!!!!!! Russell Crowe, get out of here. I am way too biased towards this musical.
– hahaha Seth’s own jab at Ted “… mine get pissed on by hobos.”
– “They’re gone!” That Sound of Music reference was hilarious!
– yessssss Anne Hathaway winnnnssss!!!!!
– Kristen Stewart is actually groaning and standing there like she’d rather be anywhere else…
– Adele was super adorable receiving her award
– as was Jennifer Lawrence! Damn… she tripped? I missed that part.
– yay Meryl Streep! But holy crap she presented that award abruptly.
– Daniel Day-Lewis’ acceptance speech was one of the best tonight!
– the perfect way to close anything: Kristin Chenoweth. An ode to the losers! They’re all such good sports.
So there you have it. Arguably the biggest awards show of the year has come and gone. I can’t say that any of the winners really surprised me, but I really must get better at watching Oscar nominated movies before the Oscars. You’d think that with me dating someone who works at a movie theatre, I wouldn’t have trouble seeing all the films, but finding time is proving to be pretty difficult. Well, I’ll try again for 2014. Didn’t do toooo badly.. got 11/24 right on my ballot.
I give Seth MacFarlane a B+ on his hosting. =] He’s no Ellen, but him being a musicals kind of guy definitely helped him in my books.
What are your thoughts on the awards show this evening? What do you think of my thoughts? As always, thank you for reading.